e-Services for Business
New State Law: Electronic File and Pay Requirement
Employers with 10 or more employees are now required to electronically submit employment tax returns, wage reports, and payroll tax deposits to the Employment Development Department. Beginning January 1, 2018, all remaining employers will be subject to this mandate.
For more information, visit E-file and E-pay Mandate for Employers.
e-Services for Business is your fast, easy, and secure way to manage your employer payroll tax account online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.*
- Register for an employer payroll tax account number.
- File, adjust, and print returns/reports.
- Make payments.
- View and update account information.
- Close or re-open an employer payroll tax account.
- File a Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34).*
- File a Report of Independent Contractor(s) (DE 542).*
- Fulfills the new e-file and e-pay mandate for employers.
- No cost to enroll and use.
- Provides confirmation when your return, report, or payment is received.
- Saves time by saving basic account information for future transactions.
- Reduces paper and mailing cost.
*The DE 34 and DE 542 may be filed from 5 a.m. to 12 midnight, Pacific Time, 7 days a week. All other services on this page may be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How to Enroll in e-Services for Business
- How to Enroll as an Employer
- How to Enroll as an Employer Representative/Payroll Agent
- I Want to Enroll for a Username and Password to Use Employer Services Online (Tutorial)
- I Want to Register for a California Employer Payroll Tax Account Number
- I Want to File a Tax Return or Wage Report
- Employer of Household Worker(s)Quarterly Report of Wages and Withholding (DE 3BHW)
- Employer of Household Worker(s) Annual Payroll Tax Return (DE 3HW)
- Quarterly Contribution Return (for Voluntary Plan Employers (DE 3D)
- Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (DE 9) or Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation) (DE 9C)
- Quarterly Contribution Return for School Employers(DE 9423)
- I Want to Make a Payroll Tax Deposit (DE 88) Payment
- I Want to File a Report of Independent Contractor(s) (DE 542)or Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34)