Small Business Employer Advisory Committee (SBEAC)
The SBEAC is a group of diverse associations representing small business employers throughout California. The committee interactively provides the EDD with recommendations on how to better service California’s small businesses and disseminates information to their respective members.
The SBEAC provides small business employers and the EDD’s Tax Branch the opportunity to better understand each other’s needs by addressing issues of mutual concern. The SBEAC plays a significant role on behalf of the small business employer community and has provided feedback to the EDD’s Tax Branch on various tax policy and procedural initiatives.
The committee’s focus is on three main areas:
- To provide the Tax Branch staff with a customer’s perspective on the EDD's programs and services.
- To identify ways for the EDD's employment tax program to better serve the small business employer community.
- To propose employer education and outreach programs.
Current SBEAC Membership
- California Automotive Business Coalition
- California Landscape Contractors Association
- California Society of Enrolled Agents
- California Employer Advisory Council
- California Fresh Fruit Association
- Women’s Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
- California Coalition of Domestic Referral Agencies
- Independent Automotive Professionals Association – Santa Barbara Chapter
- California Society of Tax Consultants
- Industry Manufacturers Council
- California Restaurant Association
- California Pool and Spa Association
- Small Manufacturers Association of California
- California Trucking Association
- California Hotel and Lodging Association
- Roofing Contractors Association of California
- California Golf Course Owners Association
- California Black Chamber of Commerce
For more information on the SBEAC, view Information Sheet: Small Business Employer Advisory Committee (DE 231SB) or Contact SBEAC.