Helpful Resources for the New Employer
Welcome and congratulations on becoming a member of California’s employer community.
New State Law: Electronic File and Pay Requirement
Employers with 10 or more employees are now required to electronically submit employment tax returns, wage reports, and payroll tax deposits to the Employment Development Department. Beginning January 1, 2018, all remaining employers will be subject to this mandate.
For more information, visit E-file and E-pay mandate for Employers.
- Employer Welcome Letter (DE 465)
- What Are State Payroll Taxes?
- Reporting Requirements
- File and Pay Options
- e-Services for Business
- Rates and Withholding
- Payroll Taxes
- Payroll Tax Seminars
- Report of New Employee(s) (DE 34)
- Report of Independent Contractor(s) (DE 542)
- Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (DE 9)
- Quarterly Contribution Return and Report of Wages (Continuation) (DE 9C)
- Payroll Tax Deposit (DE 88)
- Employer of Household Worker(s) Quarterly Report of Wages and Withholdings (DE 3BHW)
- Employer of Household Worker(s) Annual Payroll Tax Return (DE 3HW)
- e-Services for Business, File and Pay Online (DE 159)
- Employers’ Bill of Rights (DE 195)
- Avoid Unplanned Tax Liabilities (DE 573)