Employers / Businesses
Do your employees need training? Find out about no-fee employment and training services available throughout the State.
Where to Find Training for Your Employees
To find a training provider and various training programs to benefit your employees, see:
How to Pay for Training
- Employment Training Panel (ETP) reimburses California companies that provide high-skilled, high-wage training to new or current employees. (Fact Sheet) Find out how to apply.
- One-Stop Career Centers throughout the State provide qualified businesses with information on customized training, on-the-job training reimbursement assistance, and training subsidies.
Seminars for Employers
- The EDD sponsors a wide variety of seminars throughout the year. Contact your local One-Stop Career Center for information on upcoming seminars. Seminars vary from location to location, and can include such subjects as:
- Labor market conditions
- Labor law
- Personnel issues
- Payroll tax
- Unemployment/Disability Insurance
- Your business can stay current with employment law changes through expert speakers by going to Employer Advisory Council membership meetings, seminars, and conferences. Members learn how to save time and money and network with other employers.
Where to Get Help
- One-Stop Career Centers - The EDD works with other local employment and training organizations in One-Stop Career Centers throughout the State. Employers can find a full range of coordinated services, including specialized services for employers with special workforce needs.
- Re-employment services for dislocated workers.
- Labor market information for planning business expansion, relocation, future hiring, and training needs.
- Focused recruitment for new business ventures or facilities needing a large number of specialized workers in a hurry.
- Coordinated workforce preparation services in partnership with local employment and training agencies.
- Facilities and scheduling services to screen and interview applicants.
- Résumé searches to match employer job openings.
- Assistance with job fairs.
- Fidelity bonding for employees.
Additional Training and Education Opportunities
- Online Job Center
- Job Fairs and Workshops
- One-Stop Career Centers (PDF)
- Forms and Publications
Top Links This Month
- Online Job Center
- Job Seeker Information
- New CalJOBSSM
- Services for Older Workers
- Job Seekers and Individuals