FAQ - Benefit Programs Online
Benefit Programs Online is a secure portal for Employment Development Department (EDD) customers to access SDI Online and UI OnlineSM using a single login.
Anyone with an email address can create a Benefit Programs Online (BPO) login. For new accounts, access to UI Online and SDI Online will still require an additional registration process to verify identity and eligibility, etc.
Note for UI Online Customers: You must have an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim and your Employment Development Department (EDD) Customer Account Number to register for a UI Online account. For more information on UI Online registration requirements, visit the UI Online Registration page.
Registration opens later this fall.
- I already have an SDI Online or UI Online account. Do I need to register for Benefit Programs Online?
Yes. Beginning later this fall, you will access SDI Online and UI Online through Benefit Programs Online. If you have an existing SDI Online or UI Online account, you will be able to use your existing account’s username and email to register for Benefit Programs Online.
If you have an existing SDI Online or UI Online account, you should:
- Log in now to verify your username and contact information is up-to-date.
- Confirm your email address that is in our records now:
- Is current. (You still have access to it and it is your preferred email for contact from the EDD.)
- Is not used on multiple EDD accounts. (You and another individual should not use the same email address for your separate claims, etc.)
- Is one to which only you have access. (You and another individual should not share access to the same email address.)
Note: You will use the email address currently in our records to create your Benefit Programs Online login. If you wish to use a different email, be sure to update your SDI Online or UI Online account on/before October 12, 2017.