The weekly benefit amounts are the same for Disability Insurance claims and Paid Family Leave claims. For calendar year 2012, the Disability Insurance Elective Coverage (DIEC) minimum weekly benefit amount is $50 and the maximum weekly benefit amount is $1,011. View the range of SDI Weekly Benefit Amounts.
Consider the Benefits
- Protection against loss of income due to injury, pregnancy, or illness- whether or not it is work-related. However, if your illness or injury is work related and you are covered by Workers Compensation (WC) Insurance, your WC benefits will supersede your DI benefits.
- Up to 39 weeks of benefits for your own disability.
- Automatic coverage in California’s Paid Family Leave (PFL) insurance program, which provides up to six weeks of benefits in a 12-month period to care for a seriously ill parent, child, spouse, registered domestic partner, or to bond with a new child.
- SDI Online
- Disability Insurance Automated Phone Information System
- Paid Family Leave Automated Phone Information System
- Disability Insurance Office Locations
- Paid Family Leave Office Locations