Paid Family Leave Community Partners
The Employment Development Department (EDD) is committed to helping Californians balance the demands of the workplace and family care needs at home. Paid Family Leave (PFL), a component of the State Disability Insurance program, was launched in 2004 to provide benefits to individuals who take time off work to care for a seriously ill child, parent, parent-in-law, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse, or registered domestic partner, or to bond with a new child.
As a community partner, we know the valuable role you play in your community assisting people with a variety of issues, often in a critical time of need. This webpage was developed specifically for easy access to PFL information and materials to help you address your needs.
PFL Forms and Publications
PFL forms are available for your organization to provide to your customers. Available forms include:
- Claim for Paid Family Leave (PFL) Benefits (DE 2501F) (PDF) (Sample Form)
- Paid Family Leave Brochure
- Paid Family Leave Fact Sheet
- SDI Online Tips for Claimants
- Disability Insurance (DI) and Paid Family Leave (PFL) Weekly Benefit Amounts (DE 2588) (PDF)
Additional publications include (view only):
- Paid Family Leave Booklet (DE 8520) (PDF) - English
- Paid Family Leave Flyer
- DE 8519 (PDF) - English
- DE 8519/A (PDF) - Armenian
- DE 8519/CC (PDF) - Chinese-Cantonese
- DE 8519/CM (PDF) - Chinese-Mandarin
- DE 8519/P (PDF) - Punjabi
- DE 8519/S (PDF) - Spanish
- DE 8519/T (PDF) - Tagalog
- DE 8519/V (PDF) - Vietnamese
- Paid Family Leave Poster (PDF) - English
- Paid Family Leave Poster (PDF) - Spanish
- Paid Family Leave Business Cards (PDF) - English
- Paid Family Leave Business Cards (PDF) - Spanish
Order Forms or Publications
Many forms and publications can be viewed, printed, and/or ordered online at no cost using the Online Forms and Publications page. Forms may also be ordered by calling the PFL toll-free number at 1-877-238-4373.
Request a Presentation
The Disability Insurance Branch Education and Outreach Unit is dedicated to providing information about Paid Family Leave in the form of presentations, pamphlets, brochures, and participation in outreach activities and events. If your organization is interested in learning more about our program, or if you would like a member of our team to provide a presentation to your staff or group, please contact us by email at DIBOutreach@edd.ca.gov.
Contact the EDD
For general PFL information and questions, call our toll-free number dedicated exclusively for community partners at 1-855-423-8449.
Your customers may contact PFL online, by mail, phone, or visiting an office to learn more about PFL benefits or to ask questions about their PFL claim.
PFL does not provide job protection. Individuals may qualify for the leave programs listed below that provide job protection and can be taken concurrently with PFL.
The Fair Employment and Housing Act is not taken concurrently with PFL, but may provide job protection during leave for pregnancy disability, childbirth, or a related medical condition. For more information, visit the Fair Employment and Housing Act – Pregnancy.