FAQs – Voluntary Plan Employers
For additional information about the VP program:
- Call the Voluntary Plan Group at 916-653-6839.
- Send an inquiry by email to: VPProgram@EDD.ca.gov.
- Write to:
Employment Development Department
Disability Insurance Branch, MIC 29 VP
P.O. Box 826880
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001
PFL provides partial wage-replacement benefits and is not a leave program. The VP PFL benefit program is separate from leave policies.
- What types of documentation must I obtain to verify that the treating physician/practitioner is licensed for a first claim of Disability Insurance benefits?
Medical provider verification is determined based on receipt of confirmation of one of the following types of supporting information or documentation:
- Official document from the state or foreign licensing or regulatory agency, certifying that the medical provider is duly licensed or certified in the state or foreign country.
- A copy of the medical provider’s license or registration bearing the office seal or stamp of the state or foreign licensing or regulatory agency.
- Confirmation of the medical provider’s license status by viewing the state or foreign country licensing agency’s internet website, established for license verification purposes.
- Confirmation of the medical provider’s license status by speaking directly with the state or foreign country regulatory or licensing agency staff, responsible for providing official license verification services.
The following resources can be used to verify foreign licensed physicians/practitioners: