FAQs – Voluntary Plan (VP) Employers
For additional information about the VP program:
- Call the Voluntary Plan Group at 1-916-653-6839.
- Send an inquiry by email to: VPProgram@edd.ca.gov.
- Write to:
Employment Development Department
Disability Insurance Branch, MIC 29 VP
P.O. Box 826880
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001
Yes. The VP Disability Insurance Program includes both Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave. Employees are eligible for paid leave to care for a seriously ill family member or bond with a new child entering the family. To view the PFL state law, visit California Unemployment Insurance Code 3300.
- What types of documentation must I obtain to verify that the treating physician/practitioner is licensed for a first claim of Disability Insurance benefits?
Physician/practitioner license verification is based on receipt of one of the following types of supporting information or documentation:
- Official document from the state or foreign licensing or regulatory agency, certifying that the physician/practitioner is duly licensed or certified in the state or foreign country.
- A copy of the physician/practitioner’s license or registration bearing the office seal or stamp of the state or foreign licensing or regulatory agency.
- Confirmation of the physician/practitioner’s license status by viewing the state or foreign country licensing agency’s internet website, established for license verification purposes.
- Confirmation of the physician/practitioner’s license status by speaking directly with the state or foreign country regulatory or licensing agency staff, responsible for providing official license verification services.
The following resources can be used to verify foreign licensed physicians/practitioners: