Vision, Mission, and Core Values
The Employment Development Department strengthens the economic vitality of Californians and their communities.
The Employment Development Department enhances California’s economic growth and prosperity by collaboratively delivering valuable and innovative services to meet the evolving needs of employers, workers, and job seekers.
The Employment Development Department has developed a set of values to ensure the people of California are served with fairness, honesty, and integrity. These values are equal importance and include:
- Service: We provide efficient, quality service to our customers – including each other.
- Adaptability: We adapt our operations, products, and services to meet the needs of our customers.
- People: We are EDD’s most important resource and we invest in ourselves.
- Care and Respect: We treat everyone with courtesy, dignity, and consideration.
- Communication: We strive for understanding through open, timely, and clear communication.
- Leadership: We define our vision, accomplish our goals, and create an environment of continuous learning and progress.
- Teamwork: We make each person a part of the team by active employee participation.
- Accountability: We use our resources effectively and continually improve the quality of our services.
- Citizenship: We are active members of the communities in which we live and work.